Michael M. Crow’s Orientation Speech
President, Arizona State University
Here are my notes from his speech which moved me when I heard it. The main theme is mostly about finding your passion, pursuing it and living the life you want to live. It parallels how I want to live my life. So I thought I would share it here on the blog.
- What do you want your life to mean?
- Work on finding what makes you happy
- Achieve you dream
- Ask for help; seek advice / mentors
- The meaning of Sun Devils: high intensity, driven energy. Nothing religious. It’s like a tornado in a desert that appears instantaneously during the day.
- My own additional point: Set a good example and impact others around you positively. It’s how I give back to the community.