“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”
Marilyn vos Savant
I have come to the realization that all suffering in life is purposefully planned out by some higher and almighty being (GOD) and is intended for our betterment and growth.
How we choose to respond to it will determine if we emerge a better, stronger and more wholesome person or if we fall back and regress into a more defeated version of ourselves.
In a sense, our sufferings are akin to an “update” of our operating systems. Like updating your iPhone with the latest software. It is meant to fix our bugs (our weaknesses) and to improve on the existing software. To make us better versions of ourselves.
In my experience, Healing can come in many forms – physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally, etc. And they may all occur concurrently, albeit to different extents.
Here you will find posts related to my healing journey.
Do take note that many of these posts may be outdated and I may not be practising these presently. I continually seek to improve on and evolve all aspects of my life from my diet to my lifestyle, exercise and other healing practices.
So read with an open yet critical mind, absorb what is applicable to you, discard what is unnecessary and always err on the side of caution and experiment prudently.
Most importantly, learn to feel what your body or mind or heart or soul is telling you.
Often our minds think that this or that is good for us but we fail to connect with our bodies. Any reaction that is ‘out of the norm’, that is simply not part of your normal homeostatic condition, should be re-thought through seriously and reconsidered. Learn to weigh the benefits against the costs and whether what you are doing is truly necessary.
I wish you all of God’s blessings and graces as we all continue on this journey of healing and growth and learn more about how to take care of our bodies, minds and souls.
People living with autoimmune disease go through unimaginable pain that only they will ever truly understand. Any alleviation or improvement, in any form, no matter how small a degree, is always tremendously comforting.
Ever since I was diagnosed with this autoimmune disorder, I never gave up trying to find ways to ease my pains and improve my ‘quality of life’. I am constantly reading books and blogs, listening to podcasts (not so much these days anymore) and trying out new diets, supplements, lifestyle practices and even gadgets.
These post will detail my past and current self-experiments with various ‘weapons’ against the ravages of autoimmune disease; collectively termed my ‘Autoimmune Arsenal’.
Do note that posts below are outdated such as my diet which is largely a vegetarian/vegan diet these days.
In chronological order:
- 2018, May 27th: Cold Shower Tips and Tricks
- 2017, Oct 8: The Wise Traditions Diet
- 2017, Aug 20: Medication
- 2017, Jun 20: Antimicrobial + Antifungal Medication for Gut Dysbiosis
- New Fasting Protocol: Purging, Lemon Juice and Spelt Broth!
- The Complete Guide to Fasting by Dr. Jason Fung with Jimmy Moore
- My 14-Day Fasting Experiment
- 3-Day Juice Fast + Juice Recipe!
- 7 Day Fast In Hopes Of Resolving Autoimmune Symptoms
- 3-Day Water Fast VS 4-Day Bone Broth Fast
- Fasting: 2 Day
- Fasting: 1 Day
- Comprehensive Stool Test to Find The Root Cause of Autoimmunity
- Naturopathic Doctor Follow Up
- Consulting a Naturopathic Doctor for the 1st Time
- Lessons from a Nutritionist (Part 3)
- Lessons from a Nutritionist (Part 2)
- Lessons from a Nutritionist (Part 1)
- Contrast Therapy: My Guide To Healing Any Injury In Half The Time!
- Biohacking Recovery: Ginger Poultice for Sports Injuries
- A Simple Guide To The Paleo Autoimmune Protocol by Eileen Laird
- Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?